Mountaire in the Community
“To continually develop and maintain a positive and credible standing for Mountaire Farms Incorporated with its employees, its growers, in the communities, in the marketplace and within the geographic areas in which it functions.”
– From the Community Relations Department’s Mission Statement
Mountaire Farms partners with local food banks and organizations to help feed those in need during the holidays and throughout the year.
- As a leader in community outreach projects, we help facilitate food distribution efforts through churches, food banks, and other organizations.
- Food pantries in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and Arkansas receive food on a bi-monthly basis through our efforts.
- In both Delmarva and North Carolina, events such as Thanksgiving for Thousands distribute record numbers of food boxes through local non-profit organizations.
Mountaire Farms supports many events and programs designed to improve the lives of those in our communities and the wider community across the United States and around the world. Helping people in need, promoting faith-based initiatives, and furthering education are some of the key areas in which we focus our resources and efforts. Through these endeavors we are able to help our communities in various ways, including:
- Providing support, relief, housing, utilities and medicine to individuals and families in crisis situations.
- Caring for the homeless and teaching skills needed to obtain employment.
- Promoting literacy and learning through comprehensive education for economically challenged students.
- Promoting an understanding of the benefits of economic and religious freedoms.
- Sharing the love of Jesus and encouraging reconciliation to God and to our fellow man.